Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Funny Little Things He Says


It was blissful this morning as I lay in bed, lazily contemplating getting up at 9 am. (Just a few more weeks until school's in session and these kinds of mornings will just be a distant memory...)

Now, I don't normally consider myself a cranky person in the morning. Then why, I wondered was this the first thing I heard:

"Mommy, I'm going to play Wii, so if you hear something can you not mind?"

hmmm...now, for the rest of the day I will be wondering how, exactly, my children see me.

**********

Last night I found an unwelcome visitor dining on some sort of goo that had spilled near the trash can in the kitchen. Apparently somehow it had squeezed under the door and come inside. It was about four inches long- HUGE in 'girls&bug' terms - and at first I thought it was plastic 'fishing bait'....until I touched it and...it curled up into a ball.

Amidst the 'eew-ing" and "ahh-ing" of girls and Dad, we heard a quiet and very serious plea:

"Dad, I very, very want to collect that."


sadly for him, the animal was released back into the wild...

No comments: