Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Good Call!

My parents were recently called to work in the Albuquerque, New Mexico Temple. This came as a bit of a surprise and I could tell that both were a little nervous about the call. I was grateful to have the opportunity to go with them on the last night of my visit. My DH suggested that it would be a good idea to pursue it even though it would add an extra day to my trip. I'm so glad I took his advice to get a photo of the three of us, since I may not ever have this chance again to be there with both of them. I actually never thought I'd see this day and I am still amazed at the blessings that the Lord has showered down upon our family.

Usually getting to the temple is a touch and go experience - with coordinating our schedules, babysitting, traffic, etc. something always seems to go wrong to keep us away. But this time things seemed to go smoothly, especially since I didn't have to worry about kids, although we did have a few small glitches - including me finding out that my reccommend was expired(!). Fortunately, the Temple President was able to track down President Hatch back here in North Carolina (it was late on the East coast!) who put in a good word for me. I could tell Dad was tired after working all day and not sleeping well the night before, but I'm glad he decided to go. The few minutes we were able to spend together in that sacred place was so worth it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kori,
Yea! You are part of the blogging world! I loved the story of your parents and their call to work in the temple, what a wonderful blessing for them and for you and your siblings.
We really missed your family at the wedding festivities, there was always a bit of an empty spot as the family gathered.
I am so excited to stay in contact through our blogs, it will be a lot of fun to hear and see what is going on in the Fisher Family's neck of the woods in NC. I am adding you to my blog page... now I know 4 people! :)
Say hi to all the family!

Unknown said...

Hey:
That's a nice photo. I'm glad you took that. It will bring many fond memories in the years to come. Try and make your blogging regular it's neat to see the changes.

Nanny said...

Told Dad I read your 'blog' he asked me what a "glob" was? O.K. so we're we're a little behind times. I'm still learning as well.
Had a great time at the Temple. Thanks again to Mat who made it possible or at least had a part in it. Was a great time and I'm hoping it won't be our last trip together. Coming down with Pink Eye in the middle of the session was a great experience too.