Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bless His Little Preoccupied Heart

February flashback:
I had told him about it on the day it was first announced.
"Ok, sounds good, let's do that."
I brought it up several times in conversations about upcoming events over the next week and a half.
"Uh, huh."
That morning I reminded him, "Remember, be home by six, tonight's the night." "
Oh, yeah ok."
I sent a reminder email around mid-day.
no reply.
It was 5:30. I called his office, "Haven't you left yet?"
By the time he got home he was stressed and grouchy:
"I just don't like things sprung on me at the last minute!"
"Uh, huh."
I steered him to the front door and handed him our contribution to the evening's refreshments.
Then he saw these beauties:


The Valentines Day Daddy Daughter Dance...


I don't know exactly happened there while H-man and I were hangin' together at Chick-fil-a, but judging from the photos, I'm pretty sure the rest of the world melted away, and he just focused on his girls.
...getting him to email me the photos, however, took lots more nagging!

No comments: